Video lessons, guided meditations, journaling prompts & live group discussions to help you cope with life after loss.
The Meditation & Journaling for Grief Online Group will help you reduce your grief related suffering - including physical, emotional, and spiritual distress. In fact, mindfulness-based practices can help you emerge on the other side of loss with a new appreciation for life, stronger spiritual insight, and a deeper connection to yourself and others. This is known as posttraumatic growth. This online course includes:
- 8 Weekly Video Lessons Based on the Best-selling Book
- Downloadable MP3 Guided Meditations To Help You Calm Your Mind & Heal Your Body
- Journaling Prompts Designed to Help You Move Forward Through Grief
- Weekly Course Workbook So You Can Take Action on Each Lesson
- Private Facebook Group
- Live Group Q&A Calls
Instant Access to The First Lesson & Guided Meditations
When you enroll you will have access to the first week's videos and meditations on Conscious Relaxation. A new theme will roll out each week thereafter for a total of 8 weeks. These teachings are evergreen, and accessible by you for years to come! Work through each module at your own pace. You will receive helpful videos, guided meditations, journaling prompts and more. You will also be able to use the comments section to share how the Mindfulness & Grief Group is supporting you on the journey!
This is Life Changing Work
You will learn how to apply meditation, mindful movement and journaling techniques to manage the changes you are experiencing in your life and in your body since the loss of your loved one. You do not need any previous meditation, yoga, or writing experience to benefit from this program.Most participants of the in-person class report feeling a release of physical tension either during or just after the very first relaxation exercise. By the end of the program, the majority of participants feel they are not only more able to cope with grief-related stress and anxiety, but they are better equipped to cope with life in general.
A Different Kind of Online Grief Support - Rooted in Mindfulness
Time does not heal all wounds - it is what you do with the time that matters. A one-on-one session with Heather will help you cope with the physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects of grief through mindfulness-based activities.
This may include meditation, journaling, and self-reflection exercises that inspired the book, Mindfulness & Grief. Each session is catered to what you need to cope with life after loss - Heather will work with you to meet your needs.
Some people choose to use the eight weekly themes from Mindfulness & Grief as a springboard for each session, while others choose to work with what is happening in their day-to-day life. Each session will begin with an intention setting meditation - "what do you want to receive from this session?" - and close with a guided integration meditation. This will allow you to take whatever you learned from your Online Grief Support session and take action in your life.
You Don't Need Yoga or Meditation Experience To Benefit - Beginners Welcome!
This work is based on the knowledge that you have everything you need inside you. The majority of people that Heather works with have no previous meditation or yoga training. And you do not need to feel that you have a calm and peaceful mind, either. Heather's Online Grief Support is designed to work with you, wherever and however you are on your grief journey. Messy, exhausted, frustrated, angry, unorganized - grief is never orderly. Bring it all, and Heather will help you work through it.
Heather Stang's Qualifications
Heather holds a Master's Degree in Thanatology, which is the study of Death, Dying, and Bereavement, from Hood College. She is an IAYT Certified Yoga Therapist, and holds three certificates from the Phoenix Rising Yoga School of Yoga Therapy, in yoga therapy, therapeutic yoga teacher training, and group facilitation. She is also registered through Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher-200 hours.
Heather is the author of Mindfulness & Grief, and contributed three chapters to Techniques of Grief Therapy: Assessment & Intervention, edited by the esteemed Dr. Bob Neimeyer. Heather is on the board of advisors for T*A*P*S (Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors of military loss), and contributes to T*A*P*S Magazine.
She offers workshops and training for bereaved people and grief professionals through organizations that include Association of Death Education and Counseling, National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization, TAPS, National Fallen Firefighter’s Foundation and Live On New York (organ donation services).
About Mindfulness & Grief Coaching
- Times show are in EST.
- Individual sessions are $120 and last for 50 minute . Request a sliding scale fee reduction using the Contact Form.
- 8 session discounts are available for people who wish to work through the book. Use the Contact Form to make this request.
- Refund policy: If you are not satisfied after your first session, 100% of your purchase price will be refunded. Session fees will be refunded when 48 hours cancellation or reschedule notice is received by phone or email.
- Sessions are delivered via phone, online via a mutually agreed upon video platform, such as Skype or Zoom, or in person at the Frederick Meditation Center in Maryland.
- If you are under the care of a medical or mental health professional, consult prior to purchasing this package. Heather can work with your team to develop an approach that appropriate for most conditions. Mindfulness & Grief Coaching is not a substitute for traditional mental health or medical interventions.
Schedule Your Session